How do I install WordPress?
You can install WordPress in an automatic mode using Softaculous installer.
Manual installation of WordPress
All actions to be performed from the hosting control panel. How do I open the hosting control panel?
Before you start, please download an up-to-date WordPress installation package from the official site. Then follow the instructions below.
create the database according to the instructions here: How to create a database? Memorize or write down the database name, username and password.
For CMS installation you can also use database named ‘u1234567_default’ (‘u1234567’ is your hosting login), which is created automatically in the control panel when you order a hosting. You can find its access credentials in the control panel;
- upload WordPress files to the website directory. To do this, go to your control panel and do as follows:
- In the Domains section click on Additional Domains;
- Proceed to your website directory;
- Press Upload in the upper left corner and upload a previously downloaded WordPress archive to the control panel;
- Select the WordPress archive and press Extract;
- In the opened window, press Extract File(s);
- The archive will be extracted to the directory named ‘wordpress’;
- Now you have to move the WordPress files directly to the website directory. Go to the ‘wordpress’ directory, select all the files and press Move file;
- In the opened window, specify the path to the website directory and press Move File(s);
- go to your website address. Your domain has to be linked to a hosting: How to link domain to hosting
- You will see the starting page of WordPress installation:
- Press Next. If you see browser message saying that the page or server are not found, use the Help article Browser reports that it cannot find page or server.
- enter the database connection credentials to the relevant fields:
- for the ‘Database server’ field, keep it as ‘localhost’;
- Table Prefix. For safety reasons, we recommend you to change the standard ‘wp_’ prefix to any other of your preference. The prefix may consist of Roman characters and numbers.
- As you have entered the data, press Submit.
Reminder: you can use the already existing database u1234567_default (‘u1234567’ is your hosting login), which is automatically created in the control panel when you order a hosting. Its access credentials can be found in the Control Panel.
- if you have entered incorrect data on the previous step, a message will be displayed;
- If you see a mistake, go one step back and check, if the entered data for database connection are correct.
- Press Start Installation;
- enter the website name, make up a username (website administrator), enter the password and email.
- We strongly recommend you to avoid common user names such as: ‘admin’, ‘administrator’, ‘adm’, etc. The better option is to use your first name and second name. This will increase your website immunity against brute force attacks.
- Press Install WordPress.
- WordPress installation is completed;
To start creating your website, press Login.